[Oman-L] Mazoon al-Mashani

=?iso-8859-1?q?Joachim=20Duester?= jduester@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:55:31 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all,

What I wrote is that (probably in the 1970s) Sultan
Qaboos bought a former hotel in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
(the former name name was something like
"Sonnenbuechel"), and it was said that he bought it
for his mother. She indeed  has stayed there some time
or another. The house had not served as a hotel in
decades, even before the purchase was made many years
ago. The house was not named after the Sultan's mother
nor did I claim it was. I do agree that it is not
appropriate to carry this discussion about private and
personal affairs of the Sultan's household any
further. For those who wish to have an introduction
into the geneaology of the Al Bu Sa'id, have a look at
websites such as http://www.almanach.be and go to the
Oman chapter. Despite some faults and omissions, it
provides excellent data rapidly and at no costs.

HELP REQUESTED: I deleted - accidentally - a posting
by a list member regarding Sur instead of pressing the
"appove" button. Can he or she please send it again?
My apologies!

Best regards,
Joachim Duester

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de